If you are using an air filter in your home, you should be sure to regularly replace the air filter. Doing so will help keep your machine working properly and prevent it from spreading harmful particles into the air. This article, How to Replace Your Air Purifier’s Filter will help give you the information you need. We will show you how to replace your purifier’s filter with ease.
Why you have to change air purifier filter
Economic changes and technological advances have brought modern conveniences into our home. After buying an air purifier, some people encounter problems that they aren’t sure how to solve. When an air purifier breaks down, they immediately plan to dispose of and replace their current machine. Doing so is inefficient, wasteful, and unnecessary. You’ll spend a lot of money over the years. Regular maintenance can keep your product functioning properly for a long time.
Many people assume that modern electrical devices cannot be repaired. Some pay professionals high prices to restore their items to working condition. As a matter of fact, the solution to the problem may be easier than you think. It may simply need a new filter; you may be able to do it yourself. Your air purifier filter is just like other equipment. There are many factors that can lead to poor performance from your air purifier.
- For instance, if you over use it, it may break down. The filter is one of the most vital parts of the air purifier. It has to filter out and hold the pollutants inside the system to create fresh air. For this reason, the air filter is often the most vulnerable to problems. Most manufacturers recommend changing the filter every six to eight months. Old filters should be thrown away.
Many people are unsure of exactly when to change their filter. If your air purifier is equipped with a light that indicates when the filter needs to be changed, you can check it to learn about the current status of the filter. In any case, you have to purchase a new filter if you can’t clean or repair it. Read the instructions from your manufacturer to learn about how to operate your specific device.
Additionally, it is recommended that you change the pre-filter after four or six months. These signs are divided into 2 groups:
#1: Lower speed of light indicates it’s time for you to change the HEPA filter.
#2: Medium speed tells you to get a new filter.
How to Replace An Air Purifier Filter: Step-by-Step
Replacing your air purifier filter is quite easy. Anyone can do it. To keep your air purifier running properly, follow these steps to replace the filter. Note that every machine is different. Your machine may require different steps. Always consult your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn your device off and unplug it.
- Disassemble the main parts of the unit.
- Pull open the panel.
- Use warm water to wash and allow it to dry.
- Remove the pre-filter; use a soft, clean cloth to wipe away the dust, pollen, and allergens.
- Ensure the filter is dry before letting it come into contact with anything else.
- Install the new filter.
- Put your machine back together.
Replacing your air purifier’s filter is not as difficult as you might have thought. The process is very simple. Just unplug the unit and follow the directions above. Remember that all purifiers are different. The directions above are general guidelines. Consult the instructions included with your specific device for details.